Monday, September 29, 2008

Forget The Minnesota Massacre, Conference Games are All That Matter

It's been a while since I wrote on here. It's actually almost half time of the Owls' first conference game of the season tonight. It's been a week and two days since the Minnesota Massacre.

I couldn't get over the fact FAU was blown out so bad. I can't tell you how many times I say I'm happy I report FAU sports because every team is on the rise and wins. Even if they aren't winning, the team still has something interesting, like FAU's soccer roster with seven different players from six different countries. Now that's what I call diverse.

The football team had me hyped for a breakout year. I almost went to USF, but decided to stay closer to home. I was looking forward for the Owls to follow the Bulls footsteps.

After going 1-2 and looking terrible against BCS opponents once again, then experiencing the Gophers digging a huge hole my confidence, I couldn't help but feel misguided by coach Schnellenberger and the rest of the Owls football program.

Misguided or not, for some reason I still rushed home after getting out early from my wine exam to multitask on blogging, watching the game, and working on a school project. And that reason is... Nothing else matters but the conference games in college football! It's all about winning championships, and if you can't get the national title, it's time to focus in on the conference. Yeah, that thing we got that ring for last year, lets go and try and get that again.

No comments: