Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Owls are Over Hyped, And it's Not Even Debatable

I noticed myself watching the debate and waiting until the commercial to see what was going on as the the game went on. It started vice versa, but as we went down 27-10, I felt the debate was more important.

There's no debate about it, FAU football is disappointing and this year was more over hyped than Kimbo Slice. But, why wouldn't you believe Howard's words? He's so good at seeing talent. What happened? Help me Howard!

Lockhart, where the Owls play, is right down the street from my house, but after leaving my wine class early (hopefully the professor isn't reading this right now) I still couldn't bring myself to show up in person to watch these guys. It was for the same reason as why I didn't go to that Kimbo fight at the Bank Atlantic Center- there was something else more worth watching. During the Kimbo fight, it was Rampage Jackson fighting Forrest Griffin.

Something interesting with the Owls, though, is how the defense has improved. Problem is the offense and special teams look like my Northeast High Hurricanes when we went 0-10 one year.

I'll tell you, it's going to be hard to fill that new stadium up when the team playing in it is no good. And I'm sure Howard would like to leave his legacy of building programs from scratch into nationally recognized powerhouses untarnished.

No comments: