Wednesday, October 7, 2009

College Football Results

My Spread Results: 3-2

Season Spread Results: 9-10

My Winner Results: 3-2

Season Winner Results: 10-9

What I Learned This Week:

- Picking college football winners and spreads is harder now than ever. The talent level of most Division I programs across the nation is evening out and coaching is becoming even more of an asset.

- Home field advantage means more in college football than in any other sport. It doesn’t have to be bad weather or playing at a different altitude. Just college kids playing on a field other than their own over powers the talents of an away team. Proof came clear this week with #6 Virginia Tech nearly losing at Duke, undefeated Michigan losing at a 1-3 Michigan State team, and#3 Alabama playing a competitive contest at Kentucky. These types of games happen every week and I think it has to do with a lot of these college kids not traveling much in their lives before playing college football.

No comments: