Sunday, November 15, 2009

NFL Predictions

Picking Spreads: 45-30

Picking Winners: 55-20

New Orleans (-14) at St. Louis: The best versus the worst makes for an ugly game. The Saints easily cover the spread.

Denver (-4) at Washington: The Broncos break their two-game losing streak by spanking the offensive-less Redskins. I predict that Denvers defense will score more points than the Redskins offense.

Seattle (+9) at Arizona: The Cardinals usually don’t show up to play in games like these but I see Arizona scoring at will and covering the spread because Seattle is so depleted of talent and hampered by injuries.

Baltimore (-11) at Cleveland: The Ravens need a win and proved earlier this year they can blow out teams and one of those slaughters was a 34-3 demolishing of the Browns in week three. The Browns offense is so bad I’d be surprised if they can score a field goal. What a terrible game for Monday night football!

Can’t Pick These

Chicago at San Francisco: There's a reason I didn't pick or mention this game before it was played on Thursday. Not only do both teams stink but Thursday night games will always stink in general if something isn't done with the scheduling of teams that play these weekday games. I will get more into this topic in another blog.

Tampa Bay (+10) at Miami: I just don’t have enough confidence in the Dolphins receivers and linebackers to pull off a blow out win even against the one win Bucs.

Detroit (+17) at Minnesota: I expect this to be closer than most think but I can’t bring myself to say that the Lions can actually play good enough football to accomplish anything.

Jaguars (+7) at Jets: The spread seems about right.

Buffalo (+7) at Tennessee: I really want to pick the Titans to cover the spread but every other time I picked them this year I’ve lost.

Cincinnati (+7) at Pittsburgh: This is a playoff caliber game that will be closer than the spread.

Atlanta (-2) at Carolina: The Panthers need a win and they tend to play better in desperate situations but I could see the Falcons winning in Carolina.

Kansas City (+2) at Oakland: I’d rather watch my out of shape friends play football than see these teams. How can you pick when neither can score on offense or stop any one on defense?

Dallas (-3) at Green Bay: I know the Packers lost to winless Tampa last week and the Cowboys are playing great but I can’t count out Green Bay. They are a hard-nosed tough team that fight to the very end and Dallas is a soft team that plays well when it’s warm but falls apart when the weather gets cold.

Philadelphia (+3) at San Diego: Which team will play softer? These two are so inconsistent anything can happen.

New England (+3) at Indianapolis: Doesn’t this seem to be the game of the year every year? Indy’s played some close games recently while the Pats are playing like when they went undefeated again. Both teams know how to win. What a perfect game for Sunday night football!

No comments: