Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hot Read Key

On Wednesday January 11, I received an email from Bleacherreport.com notifying me that my article,  "2010 NFL Preview:Pittsburgh Steelers Nation Address,"  just received over 1,000 reads, earning me a "Hot Read" award from their website.

It confused me at first, but as I revisited the article I quickly realized the reason for the sudden increase in reads a year and a half later.

I mentioned how Maurkice Pouncey, at the time a rookie, used to block for Tim Tebow at the University of Florida.

Put two and two together and the outcome is the 1,000 read plateau was reached just three days after the Steelers were embarrassed by Tebow and the Broncos.

Good old Google key words.

Reading through the article, the Steelers still have many of the same issues now as they did in 2010.
Depth is a key for the Steelers to acknowledge this offseason, and depth in knowledge of Google key words is key for any online article success.

No comments: