Monday, January 9, 2012

The New Format

With a new year comes a new format for this Edwin The Bear blog.

After a couple week break from the blog during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays I feel it is time for a new format in an attempt to bring in more of a constant and concentrated audience.

The target is to bring my own perspective to the most interesting topic on one of the various radio stations I listen to on a daily basis throughout the weekdays.

Nearly every weekday at work I sit at my desk and listen to hours of mainly sports radio talk shows that help me to get through my normal work day. If you have any shows (sports or not) worth listening to feel free to let me know by contacting me at edwin.bear@yahoo.com.

It appears to be a natural fit for me to write about what I listen to all day while bringing you, the audience, topics from some of the top personalities in the business that you may otherwise never get to hear.

The purpose is to write more blogs consistently while at the same time generating more profit from this website from the constant traffic of the target audience.

On non-normal workdays I will bring stories about my personal experiences, i.e. FAU P.A. announcing, with the occasional opinion about a smaller, less nationally covered topic.

This idea of changing the blog’s format came from the juggling of formats in the sports radio markets. Every year shows get moved to different time slots or dropped all together with most of the time the personalities showing up on other local or syndicated stations soon after. Without change there can’t be growth.

Another reason that sparked the idea is a representative from promotion-onweb.com contacted me about paying for an advertisement to be displayed on my blog. We went back and forth, the deal never formulated, but the offer made me realize that there is an audience for this blog that can be built on and generate revenue.

On the way is an advertising business that I will start in the very near future that will be displayed throughout this blog in the weeks to come as well. If you are looking to advertise in any fashion feel free to contact me as well.

Catch you here tomorrow.

No comments: