Friday, January 9, 2009

I Have A Confession To Make

And my confession is....

Dun, Dun Dun Dun Dun...Go Gators!!

Yes, I'm a Gators fan and I've been one since I started liking football.

I'm not as obnoxious as most Gators fans, heck I even like the University of Miami, and of course my beloved FAU. Then there's others, like USF where my brother attends, Notre Dame because I'm Irish, then any Pittsburgh team because I love the hard working city, which I can't wait to visit here in the next couple months. There's nothing wrong with liking more than one college team, there's hundreds of them!

No matter if you love him or hate him, you have to admit Tim Tebow is one of the best, if not the best college player ever to live. And how can you hate him, he does freggin missionaries for crying out loud! Stop being a Gator hater, he's a great guy, but even with his spectacular performance last night I don't think he should have received the Most Outstanding Player of the Game Award.

The player of the game for me was the dynamic Percy Harvin. Hurt ankle and all he was the difference maker for the Gators throughout most of the game, giving their offense a much needed shot in the arm. Having Harvin, plus that great defense is hard to beat, even for Oklahoma's offense, which was one of the best all time.

Now, it's onto the weekend where my Steelers play the Chargers. Ben's head is swollen, but even with the Chargers on the roll that they are, I can't see them making the trip from the west coast to play in the cold dark night at Pittsburgh with either no or a depleted LT and coming out with a win against that Steel Curtain Defense.

Hopefully history's on my side, because the last time the Gators won the championship, the Steelers brought one home for the thumb in winning their fifth Super Bowl.

No comments: