Thursday, September 10, 2009

Starting The Football Season Right!

I know I’m late at getting this up…but that UM vs. FSU game was crazy! After that final ball was dropped I thought…this is an instant classic on ESPN for sure. And sure enough, Tuesday morning ESPN announced they would air the game as an instant classic. That game got football season truly started for a lot of people, especially down here in South Florida.

I was beaching it all day with my girlfriend and her girlfriend until I had to shower up and announce the FAU’s men’s soccer game. Afterwards I got home with a splitting headache, but took some Tylenol and laid in bed in the dark with nothing but the game on. No way was that sun and headache letting me miss UM vs. FSU!

This game proves that both schools are on the right track back to national recognition but there’s a lot to be concerned with on each side. Each team played terrible defense, so we know that’s a weakness that needs work. With the bad defense brings the question of how good those offenses really are and if they can march down the field that easy against defenders that actually know how to tackle and fill holes correctly.

We’ll learn soon enough if these teams are glorified high school squads or close to the national spotlight starting with Miami vs. Georgia Tech September 17.

No comments: